Free Shipping On Aquiares Coffee and Orders Over $49!

0

Your Cart is Empty

Aquiares Coffee

Aquiares, one of Costa Rica’s most historic coffee farms, sits high on the slopes of the Turrialba Volcano.

We couldn't be happier to announce our support of and partnership with Aquiares Coffee. They are an amazing group of people and a beautiful community nestled in the volcanic hills of Costa Rica. We love Aquiares because they love their community as much as they love their craft.

And make no mistake, their coffee is pure craft. 

The coffee we offer on Origin comes directly from this farm and is picked, prepared and roasted by people living and working in the Aquiares community. 

Oh, and they are SUPER...:

Focused On The Planet:

Aquiares devotes 80% of its land to growing high-quality coffee and the remaining 20% to conservation. Coffee plots are interlaced with over a dozen natural springs and almost 20 kilometers in streams, all protected with buffer zones in line with our Rainforest Alliance certification.  In fact, Aquiares Coffee Estate is Costa Rica's largest Rainforest Alliance certified coffee farm. It is also one of the only farms in Costa Rica to earn the prestigious partnership with the Costa Rican Coffee NAMA (Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action), an organization dedicated to tracking and managing carbon output. 

The streams form a network of natural corridors, cascading down the volcano, culminating in waterfalls and pools. They connect one end of the farm to the other and are the centerpieces that connect the expansive protected forests in the two river valleys- providing a healthy, protected environment for the local animals, birds, and plants.

Focused On People:

Since the 1950's, Aquiares owners and executives have worked to help their employees gain home ownership in the community. They work with banks, real estate agents, and may even provide loans to the workers themselves - all in the interest of helping them invest in the community in which they live and work. 

Today 96% of the Aquiares employees own their own houses.

Aquiares also regularly holds interns from the community, and coffee workshops to help educate the community and instill pride in their major export. 

A true community, there is no separation of farm operations and the people of the town. They are one-in-the-same and they are beautiful.

General Manager Diego Robelo writes, "The farm provides services, land, security and honest jobs. In return, the coffee farm has benefited from a well-educated community and relies on highly skilled professionals from its community to continue functioning. Such a level of interdependence has helped contribute to the sense of pride that Aquiareños take in both our community and our coffee."

 

 

Quick View
Quick View
Quick View
Quick View